Wednesday 29 July 2015

It's been a while...hello!!!

Goodness gracious me, has it really been over a year since I posted? Whoopsy.

Well if i'm honest I took another 'holiday' from knitting. Not sure why, my knit-jo just...like, disappeared. I think its because I attempted to make a garment for my sweet niece just before Xmas but when I took part in a KAL with Love Knitting, but I had trouble understanding the pattern somewhere along the line, and the pattern designer took forever to get back to me on it that Bea never received her Christmas Jumper, so that project is hibernating somewhere....and well I just felt all blah with all things knitting then. I may actually get back to completing it and it will probably go to some one else with a baby sometime in the future. The plus side though is I managed to do another pattern which involved colour work and chart reading and it was fun to do.

 

Currently though, I am in the process of making myself a blanket. I had this yarn which was given to me from my mother and found the perfect pattern for it: Sampler Blanket



All is going well, I've done 3 squares in the first pattern already - square 1 below



I'm now on the second pattern and have done one square already. I'll update this blog with a finished picture of the blanket when its complete. :)

In the meantime, I will share something I'd made last summer but forgotten to update you all. Actually, it hadn't been blocked or seamed until now. I'd seen this free pattern on the Deramores on-line yarn store. The pattern is by Rowan called Lacey Linen Snood. I thought this was really pretty and thought it would be lovely to wear in the warmer seasons. I used up almost the whole hank of Rowan's Creative Linen - yes I used a  hank and let me tell you winding that up to a ball, gosh that took ages.



But I loved knitting this up and I got to say I love lace but one thing I learnt for sure is a life line is a must with lace projects. The edges are still curling a bit but after getting a bit of advice from a colleague of mine, I may fix that by adding a border around it since I do have a small bit of the yarn left.



That's all for now, folks. Until  next time 👍

6 comments:

  1. Looks like your knitting mojo returned! Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make me a scarf too ? :) lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is nice. I love the pink color of the neck scarf.
    I had a hard time with a pattern once. I worked and took out and worked again for about 3 hours. Gave up and went to bed. An hour before I woke I dreamed I was knitting the pattern and I woke, knitted the pattern perfectly. Sometimes, all we need is a break.
    Than you for sharing. - hobbiescraftsandmore.com

    ReplyDelete